Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Adventure Begins

Saturday, December 7th, was the first real adventure for my new endeavor.  In October we put down a down payment on a new Innova longarm quilting machine.  Right before Thanksgiving I got the call that it was ready to be picked up.  Unfortunately, I had to wait until this weekend to get it because we were out of town over Thanksgiving.  We drove to Kansas City on Friday night and went to a delightful dinner theatre production at Grandview Park Presbyterian Church called, Christmas at Lennys.  We stayed with my folks and got up early the next morning to trek across the state line into Missouri to Hunter Heirloom Quilting to pick up my machine where we had been 6 weeks earlier looking at longarms.  Dustan and the owner loaded all the parts to my machine into the truck while I wrote out the largest check I have ever penned.
Dustan adding a red flag to the part of the frame sticking out the back of the truck.
Into the back of the truck went the rails to an quilting frame that was 11 feet long.  A 22 inch throat Innova longarm quilting machine in a big wooden box, reminiscent of the one that Joey made Chandler do penence in one Thanksgiving for stealing his girlfriend. I ordered my machine with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision.  The back of the truck was filled with additional boxes with various other goodies. With my purchase I also got 10 free spools of thread and some Renae Red Snappers.  I consider the snappers a major bonus!
After saying our goodbyes and exchanging phone numbers in case we needed to text pictures back to get help setting up we were on our way home.
We had conveniently parked under the store sign so I figured a picture was in order.
Dustan spent all day Sunday after church setting up my machine.  I decorated and cleaned for Christmas as my contribution to the whole set up.  He had it finished by bedtime ready for the next day after I got off of work.  Yes, he's amazing!


Dustan getting started.

The frame is assembled.

The amount of space between the frame and the wall. One finger's worth on both ends.

Dustan got the machine up on the frame.

The completed project.

No comments:

Post a Comment