Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

New Quilts

I've been working on some volunteer quilts.  I have four to show you today.
The first two quilts are for MQS (Machine Quilters Showcase).  At their show they have a room set up where people can go piece quilts and longarm the quilts.  Once the show is over they have more quilts left that need to be longarmed and my longarm quilt guild does these as a service project throughout the year.  I took two home to work on at our June meeting and turned them in this past Saturday when I was there for our August meeting.

A strip quilt for MQS that I longarm quilted.
A close up of the quilt pattern I used and the geisha inspired fabric that was in the quilt that I found interesting.
The second MQS quilt on the frame ready to be quilted.

The finished MQS quilt.

A close up of the quilt pattern I used on this quilt.

The next two quilts are my Quilts of Valor (QOV) quilts I volunteer to longarm quilt for the foundation.  I also picked them up when I picked up my MQS quilts in June in Wichita.  I returned them this past Saturday to Wichita and dropped them off in exchange for two new quilts to longarm.  With K-State football starting in two weeks I will be lucky as my contact for QOV has season tickets to football and basketball games so she will be coming this direction and we can exchange quilts when she's here for game day!


This was a beautifully put together QOV quilt I longarm quilted.
A close up of the quilting on it. 
The second QOV quilt I longarm quilted.  On this quilt I did all custom work instead of using a pantograph like I normally do for my volunteer quilts.  
A close up of one of the custom blocks.  You can't see them but the cornerstones are small white hearts on navy fabric so I put a heart in each cornerstone of the quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment